Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30, 2010

The article above is from the IDF (Immune Deficiency Foundation), they featured Jacob and his friend Ethan . They both suffer from CVID, Common Variable Immune Deficiency Diesease). The boys finding each other has been such a powerful and supportive experience for both of them. Finding someone that has this disease is rare much-less someone your same age. The boys started communicating via SKYPE and then started doing their infusions together over SKYPE. The IDF thought this was so remarkable that they did and article featuring SKYPING and the boys. I am so proud of them both. I have always said Jacob was given this horrible disease for a reason and he is helping others by bringing awareness already at 6!

It has been a while since I posted, we have had a busy summer!
After several hospital visits this summer and a change in our infusion medicine Jacob is finally on a good path again! The Hizenta seem to working very well for him he has very few side effects and his migraine headaches he gets from his infusion has decreased drastically and he hasn't gotten sick since starting it!!

Next month I will be running a half marathon with my sister in Washington state. This will be my first one ever. I am going to get shirts printed to support my son and immune deficiency disease to help raise awareness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment